Projects in Progress
- Sanitary Care and Girls’ Education – Investigations into the effects that inadequate sanitary care provisions may have on girls’ educational achievements in the developing world.
- Women’s Entrepreneurship – Investigations into the ways that entrepreneurial activities can offer economic autonomy and expand to other ways of empowerment for women in the poor nations.
- Avon in Africa – A study of the impact of the Avon system on both the women who sell their products and those who buy them.
- The Sacred Feminine – Works, study, and commentary on women and religion, with special emphasis on the ways that the feminine face of the divine is reemerging around the world.
- Women Helping Women – Works and commentary on the ways that women use their skills, wealth, energy, and power to assist other women in need.
- Books, Articles and Book Chapters, Interviews
- Catherine Dolan and Linda Scott, “Lipstick Evangelism,” Gender and Development, July 1, 2009.
- Pampers and UNICEF
- Sanitary Pads in Ghana
Working Papers and Reports
- Report on Sanitary Pad Test in Ghana
- Preliminary Report on University of Oxford Sanitary Pad Study
- Montgomery, Ryus, Dolan, Dopson, and Scott, manuscript in review at American Journal of Public Health
- Interview with the CARE “I Am Powerful” team
- Interview with the Dove Campaign for Real Beauty
- Interview with Gloria Steinem
- Interview with Mary Lou Quinlan
- Interview with Janet Riccio